Maritza Rodríguez practices exclusively in the area of divorce and family Law and international family law. She represents clients from New Jersey, other regions of the United States and Internationally.
Maritza has worked in the family court system, the state government and for private companies. She is able to draw on her extensive knowledge, expertise and valuable insights when providing legal services in a professional, caring and assertive manner.
When you choose to work with Maritza Rodríguez for your family law or divorce matters, you are getting an experienced attorney who understands the law thoroughly. She offers specialized advice, always keeping your goals in mind, and she cares about you.
Maritza has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Comparative Literature from Rutgers College and attended Rutgers Newark Law School as an Evening Student. She is admitted in New Jersey, the Federal District Court of New Jersey, and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals. Prior to setting up her own firm, Maritza worked at the New Jersey Public Defender’s Office and the Department of the Public Advocate for two years. Maritza has also worked in publishing and political campaigns — both locally and nationally. She is currently an adjunct professor teaching Family Law at Rutgers Newark Law School.
She is very active with her law school alumni association as well as the New Jersey State Bar Association, the National Hispanic Bar Association, and the American Bar Association Family Law Section and the American Bar Association International Law Section as well as the Asociación Internacional de Juristas de Derecho de Familia.
Maritza currently holds the following leadership positions:
- Rutgers Newark Law School Alumni Association – Immediate Past President
- New Jersey State Bar Association – Leadership Academy Fellow & Diversity Section Committee Member
- American Bar Association – Family Law Section – Former Chair for the Domestic Violence Committee & Vice-Chair of the Diversity Committee
- American Bar Association – International Law Section – Co-Chair for the International Family Law Committee
- National Hispanic Bar Association – Former Chair of the Family Law Committee
- Middlesex County Bar Association – Co-Chair Young Lawyers Committee, Member of the Judicial and Prosecutorial Appointments Committee & the Nominating Committee
- National Hispanic Leadership Association Region II – Deputy Regional President
- New Jersey Central Jersey Legal Services – Board Member
For your convenience, the Firm has offices located in Newark and New Brunswick. Maritza offers professional services in English and Spanish.
Areas of expertise
- Prenuptual Agreements
- Separation Agreements
- Parent Coaching
- Divorce Agreement Review
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Violation of Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Child Support
- International Child Abduction
- Uncontested Divorce
- Modifying a Prior Order
- Grandparent visitation